Sunday, August 1, 2010

What was I thinking??

What was I thinking??? I know. I wasn't thinking!! I actually thought going to Adventureland and camping was going to be fun! It was hot as H*LL. I get tired more easily and the sun just sapped it out of me. Then their new waterpark was horrible! Very crowded and no shade or chairs, and you had to pay for the lazy river tubes. This was no wonderful inside Wisconsin Dells waterpark. Then we went to the camp ground at night and there was nothing but huge mud everywhere! It would take 15 minutes to walk to the bathroom. (Not good for me at all with the side effects of chemo on my digestive system.) And it was so humid at night. I sat there and then realized how was I going to wash and prepare all the bottles of breastmilk with no hot water and area in the bathroom. So thankfully as I started to cry my Jedi knight in shining armor came to the rescue and we went next door and got a hotel room.

The next day we went to the Iowa Science Center, that was GREAT. The kids, even my oldest, loved it. We also went to a pizza place and some mom came up to me out of the blue and asked me if I homeschooled. And was super nice and encouraging about it and the fact that we have 6 kids. I never hear that! Usually it is just the opposite. She mentioned how she breastfed her children. So awkward moment! What do I say??? I said I breastfed too. Hopefully she didn't see the bottle in my diaper bag.

Now back to preparing for chemo day on Tuesday. I dread it. Please just let me continue to recover and have good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment