Friday, July 16, 2010

Bonding with my baby

With bottlefeeding I can see how easy it is to get disconnected from your baby. You can let others feed them, they feed themself as they get older or you can buy these products that let you prop the bottle for babies who can't hold their own bottle. I feel those products can be dangerous and have no place except maybe in rare situations--mom all alone with triplets. I WANT to feed Trooper ALL his feedings except for those few times when I am too sick. Princess keeps asking to help feed him but I keep saying no, I am supposed to hold and feed him just like when I nursed him. I also like to warm up his breastmilk. I figure there must be some good reason God designed our milk to be warm and not cold. I am also thankful that we co sleep and is something that cancer hasn't changed. The other night I couldn't fall alseep since all I wanted to do was look at him. He was cuddled up in my arm close to me. It was so peaceful and pure happiness.

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great! What sweetness. I agree with the bottle propping stuff as well. It has always broke my heart when mom's would 'prop' all the time for no good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always thankful for cosleeping too after I had to wean Eli. It was a way we could reconnect, he needed it, I needed it. I've been thinking about you, mama. Hang in there!! You can do this, and you will do it. Big hugs!
    sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to hold him all night! I know that makes u happy..

    ReplyDelete